The NSW Goverment announced it will close Newcastle Rail Line. Last train Christmas Day 2014. All Newcastle passengers to be off-loaded to buses at Hamilton or Broadmeadow for at least 2 to 3 years from Boxing Day. No replacement system has been approved nor planned, so the intention seems to be to simply close off train transport to Newcastle.
Donations to support our campaign can be made:
- online at our Chuffed.org crowd funding page (accepts Visa / MasterCard / PayPal);
- by direct deposit (contact us for bank account / BSB details);
- by PayPal (pay to email address email@example.com);
- by cheque (make payable to Save Our Rail NSW Inc);
- at our meetings and events.
Please show your support and sign our online petition at change.org
Are you a member of another association, union or community group that supports the retention of the rail services to Newcastle? You can help by sending your group’s letter of support to Save Our Rail by email or post.
All members, supporters and friends are always welcome to join Save Our Rail meetings.
Volunteer to help when help is needed. Donations are our major source of income, and are very gratefully accepted.