Hello SOR friends,
- Garry Zimmerman, who is standing for election as SOR Secretary is currently gathering all signed petitions, to check, sort and count – a huge task he and his partner Sue are prepared to undertake .
- If you have any signed petitions please let me know –and include your address. This refers to both kinds of petition. If you are in Newcastle Garry can probably collect them from you. If not could you post them to the SOR address – SOR NSW INC, PO Box 212, ISLINGTON 2296.
- THIS IS URGENT AS WE NEED TO GET THE 10,000 TO PRESENT TO PARLIAMENT ASAP. NOW IS THE TIME TO TURN THINGS AROUND – GREINER AND BROAD ARE OFF THE INFRASTRUCTURE COMMITTEE- BARRY, GLADYS AND BRAD NEED TO BE REMINDED THAT THEY HAVE BEEN MISLED WITH INACCURATE ADVICE
- Refer to our document re: negative impacts of rail truncation at Wickham. You could use these points in letters or put down your perceptions of the issue. Even if you have written previously or put in a submission, write again with any new information.
- ALSO A DRAFT (FINAL) OF THE TRAIN TIMETABLE TO BEGIN IN OCTOBER IS OUT.
This has many problems and needs to be studied to determine its impacts on your use of trains
It was leaked via Sydney Morning Herald – here is link:
It is a large file – over 800 pages – Hunter pages are 289 – 313 (weekends) 429-461 (weekdays)
It has many cuts – including to XPT services.
Implications involve much longer wait time for Hunter Line connection to Sydney trains. ( loss of opportunity for day trip to Sydney for business/lunch/leisure, as connecting train does not arrive Central until 11.00 . Currently able to return on XPT at 4.12 from Sydney – now leaves at 2.20p.m so not worthwhile)
No additional services for Singleton, reduced services and changed times elsewhere.
WRITE TO GLADYS RE NEGATIVES IN THE TIMETABLE
HOPE TO SEE YOU AT NEXT SOR MEETING 5/6/13 at 5.30, Hamilton Station Hotel
Attached is MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL OR JOINING FORM , ANNUAL FEE $5 NOW DUE.: SOR Membership Form
It was great to see so many marching on May Day (see YouTube on SOR facebook) and the number of submissions to the Planning Department re the Newcastle Urban Renewal Strategy was much appreciated. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
We are on website: saveourrail.org.au; on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Joan Dawson, President, Save Our Rail NSW Inc.