|Save Our Rail’s Submission to the NURS (4.9 MB)
high quality, suitable for printing
The NURS 2012 document has initiatives for improvement but ALL of the proposals can be achieved without rail truncation.
The Save Our Rail NSW Inc submission to the Newcastle Urban Renewal Strategy makes the following points:
- A vision for a thriving and sustainable Newcastle can only be achieved with existing heavy intercity rail connections retained
- The use of the Hunter Region Infrastructure Fund for questionable benefit to Newcastle would have adverse impacts on other Hunter communities, which have more urgent needs.
- There are questions about the use of Infrastructure Funds (Taxpayers’ money) to cut off infrastructure
- Creative access between Foreshore and Hunter Street can be achieved without the huge expense of truncation of the rail line.
- Sydney to have a North West Sky train – why not Stewart Ave?